Giving To - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Support Your College
Whichever college or campus you hail from, there are many opportunities to take Embry-Riddle to the next level.
- Two Alumni Earn National Business Aviation Association's Top 40 Under 40
- More Women Will Earn Their Wings, Thanks to New Women’s Network
- Daytona Beach Campus Homecoming for Embry-Riddle Alumni to Include Block Party, Fly-in, Athletics and More
- New Art Gallery Dedicated in Honor of Artist-Astronaut Mrs. Nicole Stott
- Scientist-Astronaut and Two Aerospace Executives Named to Embry-Riddle’s Board of Trustees
When Alex Wells first accepted a teaching job at Embry-Riddle in 1972, its campus was a collection of old military buildings and nearly all of its students were soldiers. “But the weather was gorgeous, so I said there’s no question,” Wells says with a smile.
After a long and successful career in the College of Business, he and his wife, Mary, wanted to give back to the university. The Deland couple made a planned gift to fund the Dr. Alex and Mary Wells Endowed Scholarship to assist aviation business administration students. “We wanted to do something to specifically help students,” Wells says.